Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Off I Go!

Once upon a time, charming young lad, discovered an opportunity - a global one with some shores - Global Shore Opportunities. They offered a Summer Student Program - where you work on an asparagus farm in Port Burwell, Ontario, living in community with 12 students - for a two month term. Then for the months of July and August, this community lives in a small town, El Tizate, Guatemala, where we love the people we encounter, as we are immersed in their culture and lives.

He submitted his application, and much to his delight, he was accepted. Now, in t-minus 1 hour, I will be heading off to Port Burwell.

The last few days I have been at home and have come up with a few conclusions:
1. My family and friends are great.
2. I hate packing (I wish I could really take the scripture, "Take nothing with you" literally)
3. William's Coffee Pub still is amazing.

We'll chat more later. I'll try to post a weekly update, as the adventure unfolds.

Andy

4 comments:

Rachel said...

andrew...yay you have a blog! i am looking forward to reading more about this awesome adventure you're partaking in!

Unknown said...

Hey, you made a comment about your great grammar in your other post, and I'm just dying to comment on your grammar in this one, but I'll leave it at the glaring inconsistency in your use of third and first person! Andrew!! But, it is good to hear how you're doing. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy!!

Hows the asparagus treating you?

Andy ;)

Anonymous said...

I am one of the greats, right?
haha.
kidding. I know I am...
:)
stac.